We are seeking an experienced and motivated Technical Lead to help us drive direction and implementation of compelling, scalable, and creative web applications. This person will need real-world, professional experience leading developers in implementing custom web applications in Node.js and Angular.js or React.
This position is based out of our Saint Louis, Missouri office.
NOTE: We do not provide relocation assistance at this time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide technical leadership on one or more projects
- Lead development teams in the development of websites and applications through the full project lifecycle, including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation
- Write well written code that is optimized for performance, security, and maintainability
- Define solution architecture as needed, factoring in client requirements with solution definition to address project goals
- Solve complex problems which may be multidisciplinary or require an in-depth analysis of variable factors
- Work with project managers and creative teams to guide collaboration and coordination
- Define development needs for a project and delegate project work as appropriate
- Responsible for team quality and output, including
- Defining project-specific best practices
- Leading code reviews
- Identifying opportunities for improving productivity and reducing errors
- Responsible for development estimates
- Responsible for ensuring that the team meets development schedules and deadlines
- Create and implement risk mitigation processes
- Communication of project status, risk and successes to internal and external stakeholders
- Participation in retrospectives
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 7 years experience in web development.
- Ownership of the technical aspects of a project, and strong drive to motivate the team to deliver on time, on budget, with high quality
- Deep analytical skills
- Proven experience in delivering project adhering to high quality and security standards
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients and the entire solution team
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Willingness to build professional relationships with internal team and clients
- Excellent communication, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of operating systems, web servers and DevOps practices
- Ability to create diagrams and written documentation depicting technical requirements and specifications.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Family leave policy
- Comprehensive health plans
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Flexible schedule / Work from home
- Volunteer time off
- Professional development stipend