In addition to the needed technical skills to perform this job successfully, an individual should also demonstrate the following competencies: Strong Communication, Collaboration, Positive Attitude, Adaptability and Analytical Thinking.
- Design and management of treatment, wastewater collection, and water system conveyance facilities.
- Prepare grant applications, facility plans and coordinate with private and public stakeholders to secure project funding specifically for small and medium sized systems
- Ability to assist on water resources and resiliency aspects of multi-disciplinary projects for integrated water resources planning and watershed master planning
- Design improvements to wastewater treatment facilities to meet environmental regulations. These include wastewater lagoons, package plants, biological and mechanical treatment processes
- Mentor and develop engineering team members, specifically in environmental and wastewater engineering.
- Managing water, wastewater, and reclaimed water supply through planning, modeling and permitting
- Be a key point of contact with clients, contractors, and local government officials
- Work collaboratively with managers, and other Project Engineers to develop effective solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/ Environmental Engineering from a four-year college or university; PE required
- 7+ years Experience
- Professional Engineer, licensed in Missouri with design experience with a focus on water resources
- Knowledge with preparation and review of Engineering Plans and Specifications to ensure that all aspects of project implementation are clearly conveyed
- Experience with hydrologic, hydraulic, and groundwater software
- Experienced in working with both governmental, and private clients in Missouri, Kentucky, and Illinois
- Proficiency in XPSWMM, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS and WaterCAD
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience with HECRAS, HECHMS, PondPak, HY-8
- Experience with GeoPAK Drainage