Responsible for excellent communication, customer support and efficient installation and maintenance of both residential and commercial smart metering systems.
Essential job functions
Responsible for installation, quality control inspection and assessment of meter transmission units in urban and residential environments.
- Excellent personal conduct and verbal communications with customers.
- Responsible use of equipment, tools and company vehicle.
- Perform general equipment maintenance.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and professional field notes of all installation and remediation work.
- Maintain effective, daily communication and progress updates with project manager
- Adhere to safety policies, procedures and requirements of CDI.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interest and ability to be trained in general inspection and installation processes.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with technology.
- Demonstrate a willingness to have a strong understanding of both the product and service provided.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be physically able to work in a variety of residential environments, including outdoors, under all weather conditions.
- Commitment to a safe working environment following safety policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED is required
- Certificate or Associate’s Degree in Engineering Science, Electronic Engineering or Technology preferred
- Previous installation or utility experience preferred
- Prior experience with customer and client support a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Background Check
- Must successfully pass a Drug Test
- Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration – Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Engagement Readiness – Demonstrating a willingness to commit to one’s work and to invest one’s time, talent and best efforts in accomplishing organizational goals.
- Work is generally performed outside at various job sites. May be exposed to all kinds of weather conditions including extreme temperatures, rain, snow, high winds, humidity and dusty conditions. Physical activity is required including walking, standing, carrying equipment, stooping, kneeling, and bending. Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- May be exposed to exhaust fumes, dust particles, insects, wildlife, plants, poison ivy, and other environmental elements
- The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
This job is located in St. Louis, Missouri.