(Louisville KY, Effingham IL or St. Louis, MO) Remote candidates will be considered
Competitive Benefit Package including flexible working environment, health, dental and vision Insurance, 401(k) match, PTO and extended sick bank leave.
- In this role, the Structural Engineer will be an integral part of our Structures/Bridge Group designing various bridge types, as well as support our transportation and site development Groups with their design needs.
- Manage structural engineering projects by creating scope and budgets, directing the design and coordinating work with other staff and design team members.
- Strong knowledge of building materials (Steel, Concrete, Masonry, Wood), construction methods, structural inspections, construction document preparation.
- Analyze and design transportation related structures including: bridges, culverts, retaining walls, and sign structure foundations.
- Be a key point of contact with clients, contractors, and local officials.
- Eagerness to work on a wide variety of project types.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Work collaboratively with the CDI Group Leader, Project Engineers and other team members to develop effective solutions.
- Ensures compliance with CDI’s safety procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky or Missouri PE required
- Bridge design experience
- Proficiency with MicroStation
- Department of Transportation structures experience (bridges and walls) (MoDOT, IDOT or KYTC).
- Highly proficient with structural analysis and design software
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering.