We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our team. The Business Analyst will facilitate and manage projects by serving as the liaison for users and developers. This role is responsible for communicating goals and evaluating results as requested. The ideal candidate has a curious mind and enjoys taking a challenging problem, breaking it down into sections, reviewing the information, and asking the right questions. This person must have exceptional people skills as well as creative solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
Main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing. Additional duties include reviewing, analyzing and evaluating business systems and user needs, documenting requirements, defining scope and objectives and formulating systems to parallel overall business strategies. The business analyst is responsible for the knowledge transfer of business implications to our team. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
Business Analyst Responsibilities
- Evaluating business processes, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Elicit and document requirements which may include business requirements, functional requirements, use cases, non-functional requirements, user stories, business process modeling.
- Identify and analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing processes
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies. Communicating technical findings and analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Producing high-fidelity technical documentation including, but not limited to requirements, process mapping and test plans.
- Working closely with clients and the Spry team.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining effective procedures.
- Perform process mapping and data analysis as required to support business initiatives.
- Performs feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the team to prioritize deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities.
- Create detailed Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and translate them into functional specifications.
- Provide analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Partner with development and analytic teams to provide reporting on solutions.
- Participate in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- Identify implementation barriers and user acceptance testing of new systems.
- Perform detailed analysis on assigned projects, recommend potential business solutions and assist with implementation
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to work closely with stakeholders to determine acceptable solutions.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, and time management skills with attention to detail.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Proficiency in writing technical requirements & user stories.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Competency in G-Suite applications including Docs, Sheets, and Gmail.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health plans (full-time employees)
- 23 days PTO (full-time employees)
- Volunteer time off
- Excellent company culture
This position is based out of our Saint Louis, Missouri office.