Kansas City, Missouri 64106
Please note this job will start in June 2021.
In today’s growing and competitive financial services industry, we look for creative and innovative
solutions to meet the needs of our customers. To achieve our results, we recruit the best and brightest employees
who ask, listen, and solve to meet our customers’ needs!
As an Associate Developer, you will embark on an 18-month rotational program that will let you experience a variety of tools, technologies, and critical processes that will expand your talents. The IT Department is a huge driver in Commerce Bank’s success. We are the innovative and creative problem solvers who support the applications, maintain a secure network, and determine how to implement initiatives that aid the business units. The banking industry is evolving every day, giving us the ability to learn new technologies and grow to meet the needs of the bank. At Commerce, we believe our people are what set us apart from our competitors; you will find this in our commitment to continuing education, promotion opportunities, and our emphasis on work-life balance.
What you’ll get
- Onboarding experience within the first three months with other Associate Developers.
- Five month rotations through several IT departments for hands on experience.
- Guidance from mentors who will provide technical direction, development experience, and give you broad exposure.
- Participate on key projects that contribute to the daily success of Commerce Bank.
- Opportunity for promotion upon successful graduation of the program.
- Analyze, design, create, code, or maintain an application.
- Participate in the technical direction, development, maintenance, and support for various projects.
- Partner with your peers and mentors to complete projects and duties.
- Full Time, 40 hours per week.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- A minimum of four years of programming experience could substitute for a degree.
- Previous development experience in work or collegiate setting.
- General understanding of relational database concepts and writing SQL.
- Basic understanding of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- General understanding of principles in one or more programming languages such as Java or C#.
- Strong and effective written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and a strong work ethic.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.