The Accountant maintains programmatic ledgers through the preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger use. Assists in the preparation of all programmatic monthly billings, and ensures that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards. Reconciles accounts receivable, deferred revenue and other accounts as assigned. This position also provides assistance to the Chief Financial Officer with external audit and Programmatic examinations.
- Prepares financial statements/billings/special reports for all programs in accordance with programmatic guidelines and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Prepares all government statistical reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- In coordination with monthly account analysis, prepares monthly recurring journal entries for revenue accounts.
- Prepares monthly General Ledger account analysis.
- Balances petty cash.
- Assists CPA firm in their annual audit and other projects.
- Completes cost analysis, both regular and special, as assigned by Chief Financial Officer.
- Performs internal audits and review of financial control and operational aspects of the agency, as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Cooperates with public accountants appointed as auditors in the execution of their program of independent auditing.
- Assists with operation and control of an effective budgetary system, including programmatic budget preparation and reporting.
- Prepares financial analysis, both regular and special, as may be assigned by Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with Accounting and/or Finance major
- Experience with a non-profit organization is preferred.
- Must be bondable—references required.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft applications and third-party applications
- Must have own transportation.